Friday 15 May 2020

The Power of the Dark Side

Progress has been made on my Imperials for Star Wars: Legion.


Obviously the color scheme is pretty much set before you start. I've seen some people do paint up their stormtroopers with some extra markings, but I'm just going to go with the classic all-white.

One unit I did feel I could safely be a bit creative with is the Occupier tank. I decided to give it a camo scheme, and have gone with what I'm calling "Graystone MERDC". For those who don't know, MERDC is a camo scheme developed by the US Army. It's not overly complicated, and doesn't require an airbrush or special painting technique to blur the borders between colors. My version is not a real-world army MERDC, but will use the same pattern. The light gray and medium gray main colors are done. Next I'll add some tan/sand edging around parts of the light gray, and finally a few bits of black. Hopefully should look fairly striking when it's done.



Other main progress is completing a stormtrooper model as a prototype. I'd heard white can be difficult to shade and highlight, but I didn't find it too bad. This guy isn't going to win any painting competitions, but he came out plenty good enough to put on the table.



So, now it's just painting a dozen or so more like him. For the moment Vader will be the force commander, but that's really just by default. I wouldn't include him by choice, but he comes with the starting box, and none of the other command units released so far interest me. Ideally I'd like it if Fantasy Flight would release a generic "Stormtrooper Captain" or something, rather than being required to include a named character from the movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment