Sunday 14 June 2020

Sixmillopolis Update

Latest burst of gaming enthusiasm has been further progress on Sixmillopolis. I now have roughly six tiles completed.



At this stage, having tried a few things and found what works and what didn't, I have my tile making methodology fairly well down. Initially I planned on painting things like roads and rivers directly onto the MDF and putting the buildings on that. But what I've found is working pretty well is to cut out sections of cardboard to size, paint these up first, then glue them to the board using PVA.

This technique has a couple of advantages. Painting the card separately means you get very tidy, sharp borders. The thickness of the card creates a nice kurbside, making the buildings a millimeter or so above the roads, and also making it easy to flock the non-card areas. And it gives room to experiment; I can paint and model things on scrap card first, and don't glue anything down until I'll happy with how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment