Saturday 14 November 2020

Unleash the Hounds

 (Alternative post title, Who Let the Dogs Out.)

A productive Friday and Saturday has seen the Wolf-Knight force mostly completed. The Wolf-mechs themselves and the Outrider cycles have been done, leaving just the infantry and any expansions to go. 



The core units of the force are obviously the Wolf-mechs themselves. At the moment I'm allocating them two shields, making each Wolf-mech two-thirds as durable as the Scorp-mechs in the Malroid force. Firepower wise, each has a back-mounted main armament. I've given two twin-cannons, and one a missile artillery pack. 



The fourth Wolf-mech I've made a special unit - the Black Wolf. This guy gets three shields (so on par with the Scorp-mechs), and has a medium missile launcher armament. 


The two Outrider units are also done. These are light skirmish/recon units that can grab objectives and/or protect the Wolves from ambushes. 


So the main units for the Wolf-Knight force are done. The next thing this force needs is some infantry. Unfortunately I haven't yet found models I'm completely happy with. The images above include two candidates I purchased samples of - Dobermanns from Steel Warrior Studios, and Black Widow mercs from Rebel Minis. The Dobermann model I like, but they seem to be perpetually Out of Stock. I haven't seen them available since I ordered the models for a couple of trial stands. The Black Widows are well crafted, but I don't think they're what I'm looking for. I may paint them up to use as scouts or some type of specialty unit, but I don't think they fit as a primary infantry model.

No comments:

Post a Comment