Monday 2 August 2021

Space Battles and Scenery

 Last Sunday evening I went round to my friend Jamie's place to try out the Babylon 5 fleet action game A Call to Arms. Jamie supplied all the units and terrain, including an absolutely stunning nebula battlemap. 



I was commanding an Earthforce fleet of 5 units;

  • 2 Omega Class Destroyers
  • 2 Hyperion Class Heavy Cruisers (one with beam armament)
  • 1 Nova Class Destroyer
Against this Jamie had an "Army of Light" force consisting of two White Stars, a Brakiri cruiser, a Narn cruiser, and a Drazi Warhawk.




Jamie deployed his fleet as a single group in the center of his half. I split my force into two elements, with both Omega's and the beam armed Hyperion on my left, and the Nova and other Hyperion in the center.

It's fair to say the battle didn't go well for me. Partially this was due to learning the rules (and in particular the way boresighting works for beam weapons, which were a big chunk of the offensive power of my force). By about turn 3 or 4 Jamie had knocked out a Hyperion and an Omega, with a second Hyperion barely intact. After the second Hyperion was knocked out the ravaged Earthforce fleet withdrew. 

In other gaming projects, Vaughan's 3D printer has been getting more of a workout, creating some blocked hexes for Warhammer: Underworlds, and some 15mm scale sci-fi terrain. 





The 15mm scale buildings I'm particularly happy with. It came out looking excellent, and Vaughan has printed a couple more for me. These will fill out my 15mm terrain collection very nicely, and I cannot wait to pose some of my Sierra Foxtrot armies amongst these.


No comments:

Post a Comment