Saturday 24 October 2020

Sierra Foxtrot - Fall Update

OK, latest batch of models has arrived, so time for an update. 

I forgot to mention last post that the Alternative Armies order also included a few of the Sirrus APCs. The very distinctive (but clearly sci-fi) look of these appealed to me, so I grabbed some as transports for the Serpents. They are now nicely equipped as effectively a mechanized infantry formation. 





The sandworm models are also coming along nicely - just some highlighting and texturing the bases to go and they'll be done. In setting I've decided to name these animals Ahzi-Dhaka, or Sand-Krakens. The assumption is there is an armored body which remains underground, and the primary and secondary tentacles emerge to attack. So I guess maybe more similar to the Graboids from the Tremors movies than the Sandworms of Dune. Each Sand-Kraken formation will include a unit of "Callers" - the humans who in some manner are able to guide and control them.




(As a minor aside, it wasn't until I was painting them that I realized quite how phallic some of the sandling models are. But I'm choosing to look on the bright side and remember that laugher is good. Even juvenile snickering about formations of "sand penises" (penii? ... oddly enough, not a word I have ever needed the plural of much). )

But the most recent arrivals (and last items I have ordered for the moment) is a second batch from Rebel Minis. This was a mix of new models, and extras of things I already had. In the box was; 

  • The second Sahadeen platoon to round out the Zhaleed Empire force
  • Some Sahadeen heavy weapons, which will be assembled on BF medium bases. Then the question is whether they should be distributed as teams in the infantry platoons, or formed up as a separate heavy weapons platoon.
  • Three more Wolf animechs to expand the Wolf-Knight force
  • And a few other random models to be blogged about at a future date




No comments:

Post a Comment