Sunday 7 March 2021

Sierra Foxtrot Phase One Complete

The latest batch of models I had on order have arrived - three more Wolf-Mechs, a few Gila recon buggies for the Southern Commonwealth force, and a Gorilla-Mech. 

The three wolf-mechs were painted yesterday. With these and the transport shuttles for the fusiliers done, the Citadel army is now fully complete. 

For the fusilier unit I'm undecided how I want to handle their transports. While the shuttles clearly must levitate, they could be either a floating grav-skimmer just a few feet off the ground, or a fully airborne vehicle with mobility similar to a helicopter. In the former case they'd be treated as a ground unit, just with high-speed and the Amphibious rule. In the later they'd use the Helicopter rules (or something similar). Obviously makes a big difference in how the army would play, so I'll have to mull over this a bit. Might even playtest both versions, and see which one works better. 


The three new wolf-mechs are finished, giving me seven in total (including the Black Wolf). 



So, with the wolf-knight force complete that means my initial five Sierra Foxtrot armies are almost fully done. The last unit I have to do is the Gila recon ATVs for the Commonwealth. 


Truth be told, these models weren't actually my first choice for the SC recon vehicles. I was initially wanting the Comanche, but as this was out of stock I grabbed the Gila instead. If the Comanche comes back into stock I may buy a couple of those later, and repaint the Gila's as recon for the Zhaleed Empire force.

The last item in my most recent order was a Gorilla Mech. 

This was purchased out of curiosity as a sample - I really like both the Scorpion and Wolf Mech models, so based on that I figured the Gorilla was worth looking at. But having assembled it I can't say the model appeals, and I don't see it being part of a future army. Oh well, it never hurts to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment